Tile in Salinas, CA
Today there are thousands of tile products, making it easy to find the right match for your walls, floors, or outdoor entertainment spots. Tile brings endless options to the table, gracing your floors as well as your walls. And if you’re looking for tile near you in Salinas, CA, you'll be thrilled to discover our expansive tile selection at Cinderella Carpet One Floor & Home. Our tile experts can walk you through all of our tile collections, and go over your specific wants and needs.
We have a tiling option for every kind of setting and budget! Here are a few guidelines to help kickstart your tile search.
What Are the Different Types of Tile?
Our popular tile selection is made up of porcelain, ceramic, and stone options. Deciding which type of tile is right for you will depend on where you plan to install your tile and what type of tile you will prefer. Here’s a closer look at the different types of tile and their benefits.
- Ceramic tile is made from natural materials like clay, which are either glazed or left natural before being kiln-fired.
- There are countless ceramic colors and patterns, making this one of the most popular tile options for backsplashes and accent walls.
- Ceramic products are incredibly budget-friendly thanks to their lighter make and they resist everyday moisture.
- Since it’s fired at a much hotter setting, porcelain products tend to be the sturdier of the two.
- Porcelain tile can be used in a variety of settings, e.g., indoor and outdoor floors and patios. However, porcelain is heavier and may not be suitable for backsplashes or wall installations.
- Due to its more durable nature, porcelain tiles can be made to look like your favorite hardwood!
- Stone tile is made from actual stone and is a luxurious option for indoor and outdoor settings.
- While it is higher in price, stone tile endures for the long haul, making it a suitable choice for flooring, and outdoor walkways or patios.
- Among the most popular stone products are those made from slate, granite, or marble.
Tile for the Home
Tile works well in just about any interior area, as well as in outdoor spaces. Here are a few areas we recommend adding tile.
Tile for Your Kitchen
A tile backsplash will protect your kitchen walls from food spills and splatters.
- When you have a tile backsplash, you won’t have to worry about all the possible kitchen mishaps that you’re likely to experience.
- A tile backsplash will keep you worry-free, giving you more time to enjoy your space!
- Whether you go for trendy or classic tiles or a combination of both, your tile backsplash will bring your overall home design together.
Tile for Your Bathroom
Tile s always a great choice for your bathroom, regardless of size or design.
- Protect your walls and floors from any water damage! Tile is safe for moisture-prone areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
- You can customize a tile backsplash by using different tiles, adding borders, or creating a design that is entirely your own.
- Make your tub or shower stand out with a gorgeous tile surround that is custom to your preferences.
Once you’ve picked out a tile option that works for your space, it’s time to schedule your installation! While tiling may seem easy enough, we recommend having a professional install your tile.
- Consider the state of your area of installation: You may need to replace your subfloor when installing floor tile.
- Be sure to clean the area of installation and clear away any appliances or furniture that may get in the way
- Tile installations are messy! Be sure to cover any appliances, furniture, or personal belongings that are in the general installations area.
- Allow for a minimum of 2-3 days for your tiling install; this includes prep time, the initial tile installation, grouting, and clean-up.
Shop Tile Near You - Salinas, CA
Cinderella Carpet One Floor & Home is a proud member of North America’s favorite independent flooring cooperative. You’ll love shopping locally while exploring only the finest tile brands. Ready to start your home improvement project? Visit our showroom or browse our online tile selection today!